Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flax & Sunflower Oil Uses?

I have a bottle of flax %26amp; sunflower oil that someone gave me recently. I'm wondering what it can be used for? Is it just a finishing oil, or can it be used in place of any oils? Can it be heated, and to what degree? Does it give anything a funny flavor? I know its supposed to be good for you, but I don't know how to use it...Thanks in advance!Flax %26amp; Sunflower Oil Uses?
Flax oil is good for making salad dressing with, but other than that it's an oil that oxidizes under heat so if you cook with it, it must be very low heat.


Sunflower oil is good for just about anything.Flax %26amp; Sunflower Oil Uses?
Use it unheated/uncooked. You can add dry spices, onion, garlic and such to make a dipping oil for Italian bread. Mix with spices and vinegar for salad dressing.


I have never used it in baking as it has a taste from the Flax seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment