Thursday, January 7, 2010

Will sunflower oil harm cats?

well, I have no idea about sunflower oil, but I know I wouldn't take the chance without asking the vet first.


My vet has told me NOT to give them tylenol or Ibuprofen or any of the OTC pain relivers as it will cause liver damage and it's like a death sentence.





go to http;//www.nutirsana.com this site - I think says it's ok but still I'd check with my vet first before I took the chance with MY cats.Will sunflower oil harm cats?
Well it depends where u put itWill sunflower oil harm cats?
Well i dont know about cats but i know you can give it to dogs to make their coats shinier and lessen their shedding i would think it would be the same for cats. not sure what the dosesage would be? would think it would be around a 1/2 tea spoon? might want to research that
I don't think so.
It shouldn't, in moderate quantities. Its one of the ingredients in many of the better cat foods. Its also used as a treatment of papulocrustous dermatitis in cats as it has a high concentration of linoleic acid (73%), which is important for good skin and coat health.
it shouldn't do, just don't let them have loads. generally speaking, unless your cat is a bit stupid it won't eat stuff thats bad for it. cats tend to have some kind of program that tells them what they can and can't eat. Having said that only one of mine is like that. the other will eat anything that I eat given the opportunity but that cos he thinks he's human!
Not unless you boil them in it.
No, they are great in sunflower oil. Cat can be fried in any oil except sesame oil.





Add some garlic and onion too.

No comments:

Post a Comment