Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can i mix sunflower oil with olive oil?

i'm frying something and there's not enough oil so can i add olive oil or butter or somthing?Can i mix sunflower oil with olive oil?
It is a myth that heating olive oil produces dangerous toxins. See the below link for a technical discussion about this issue. People around the Mediterranean have been using olive oil for cooking (in other words, heating it) for millennia without there being any sign of them succumbing to toxins. Indeed, olive oil is a central component in the ';Mediterranean Diet'; which is generally considered very healthy.





I see no reason why you cannot mix olive oil and another oil or butter.





Indeed, one of the recipes I regularly use for risotto calls for a mixture of butter and olive oil.Can i mix sunflower oil with olive oil?
Yes, you can. However, if I had more sunflower oil than olive oil then I would use the sunflower oil and save the olive oil for salads or dipping. If I am pan frying seafood in particular I would use olive oil and butter. Vegetables and meats then I would like the Sunflower oil. Something? well, I must say that I learned cooking from Julia Child and a little butter lifts all cooking to a higher level. I never use margarine in cooking. I must say when it comes to cooking try it, taste it, adjust seasonings if necessary and enjoy.
  • microsoft web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment