Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is in black oil sunflower seeds?

I bought a big bag of it to feed the birds in my yard and cracked a few open for myself. Before I knew it I had eaten a lot of the bag. Then I looked at the bag and it said ';WARNING, NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.. Do Not Consume';. Before freaking out I looked for the ingredients and could not find any. They are just seeds that haven't been opened even so I assume they laced the outer casing with poison? I don't feel sick yet..What is in black oil sunflower seeds?
http://www.answers.com/topic/sunflower-s鈥?/a>





I have always wanted to know about black oil sunflower seeds, so I did some research for you.





It appears that black oil sunflower seeds are quite nutritious, but because they are for birds, may contain debree and dirt and sometimes pesticides. It would depend on the quality of the seeds you buy I assume as to what you would get in the bag. I do not think oil is added, it seems that they are just called black oil sunflower seeds because they can make oil from them.


I don't know if this will help you or not but I hope it helps. It seems some of the seeds may be rancid as they don't guarantee the quality when it is meant for birds.What is in black oil sunflower seeds?
Wow thats not good

No comments:

Post a Comment