Friday, December 18, 2009

Is sunflower seed oil the same as sunflower oil?

I went to the store to search for a bottle of sunflower seed oil since it is recommended as a treatment for eczema. I was only able to find a bottle of Mazola labeled sunflower oil (no seed listed). I think that it is probably what I need since I cannot think of any other place oil would come from on a sunflower. Am I right? Is this what I need or do I need to special order something from the internet?Is sunflower seed oil the same as sunflower oil?
sunflower oil is made for cooking and is usually derived from using solvents, heat, or a cold-press to extract the oil from the seeds mostly.





The cooking oil might still be helpful for your eczema but the intention behind the recommendation to get sunflower seed oil is for your to get an actual cold-pressed sunflower seed oil which carries more nutrients than a solvent or heat extracted version for cooking.





If you turn the label around and find the actual ingredient list (probably below the Nutrient Facts box) and there is any other ingredient listed besides sunflower seed oil, or tocopheryl (vitamin E), then do not use it.





Go to your local health food store or co-op and ask for a sunflower seed body oil from Aura Cacia brand or the like. They will also have other natural salves and oils for eczema.Is sunflower seed oil the same as sunflower oil?
Yes, it is the same thing. Some places also call it safllower oil
yes they are the same thing

No comments:

Post a Comment