Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are sun dried tomatos in sunflower oil good for you?

I like to eat them on bread with nothing else as a snack and instead of butter the oil does it for me? is it healthy for me? what benifits does it have?





thanksAre sun dried tomatos in sunflower oil good for you?
Yes they are both beneficial. The tomatoes are full of vitamins A, C, folic acid and other antioxidants. Sunflower oil is better for chlosterol, colon and intestine.Are sun dried tomatos in sunflower oil good for you?
I just searched on the nutritional information on all those foods.





It would all together be per serving -





192 calories per serving.


There is no cholesterol.


It is low in sodium.


Very high in vitamin A + C.


High in vitamin E.





Try using olive oil instead of sunflower as olive tastes better and is better for you all together.
not good for you, but not bad either. just eat in moderation.
yep very healthly
Not heard of it . It may upset stomach
Well, If I were to buy the product, I'd ask these questions:





1. Why are they in oil when the whole point of drying them is to preserve them?





2. Sundried tomatoes are known for having all sorts of preservatives added such as diglycerides etc.





3. How was the oil processed, and what's in the oil (usually doen't need to be listed)?





If they are all natural and organic etc. Sure, eat up. Otherwise I'd be suspect of the hidden processes and ingredients.
Whatever floats your boat. I personally do my best to stay away from oils because it doesn't have any nutrients and does absolutely nothing but pack on fat and calories to otherwise good food. That's just my observation, though. Do what you enjoy.
  • microsoft web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment