Friday, December 18, 2009

My friend feeds her horse Black Oil Sunflower Seeds and says it does wonders for her coat.Is this healthy?

She buys it at like tractor supply or a feed store.My friend feeds her horse Black Oil Sunflower Seeds and says it does wonders for her coat.Is this healthy?
Yup I use it on my guys also.





Works awesome.





I just buy mine at walmart under the bird feed section.





Stetson, i just give my guys a handful a day when beefing them up for show season, puts a nice shine on them.My friend feeds her horse Black Oil Sunflower Seeds and says it does wonders for her coat.Is this healthy?
Your kidding... So we can stop feeding horse feed, and go to strait sunflower seed! Now I've heard it all!
FEED FLAX SEED. Sunflower seeds could tear holes in their throat and also in their bellys and intestine! It is dangerous. Tell your friend that flax seed is healthier and less expensive.
They say it is.........but I would check with a vet. The oil in sunflowers are reallly good.
Don't take chances with your horse. SUNFLOWER OIL is a better alternative, available at most grocery stores. Goes down a lot easier, no risk, same results.


If you've ever seen OATS pass through a horse undigested, why do you think that something as large and tough as a sunflower seed is going to fare better?





I can get rat poison at TS and feed stores, doesn't mean its good for my horse.





Bet there's gonna be some beautiful sunflower patches in the pastures come summer !
my horses get like a cup a day and their coats are absolutely gorgeous theire really shiny and healthy i highly recommend it ;D
yep, it also is good 4 goats.
a tablespoon a day is great. Contains: Vit E,Vit B1, Folate, B5, Selenium, manganese, copper,phosporus and more. I have used it in breeding %26amp; riding stock for 6 years and people cant believe my horses are kept in the paddock with no rugs year round (Australia) they look so shiny and fat. The best thing is to give seaweed meal ad lib, it has so many minerals. By the way FLAX SEED (LINSEED) IS POISONOUS TO HORSES UNLESS BOILED PROPERLY
yep its really good for them!!!!!!!!!


and for people toooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment