Friday, December 18, 2009

For the Chris Evans cookalong choco mug cake it says use sunflower oil. I only have olive oil. Can I use that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/chris-鈥?/a> Is the website address of the recipe I want to make. I have everything else. Thanks. I have extra virgin olive oil.For the Chris Evans cookalong choco mug cake it says use sunflower oil. I only have olive oil. Can I use that?
Yes you can use it. Any oil would suffice.For the Chris Evans cookalong choco mug cake it says use sunflower oil. I only have olive oil. Can I use that?
You can of course use olive oil in the making of cakes but at the price it is sold in Britain it is a shame to waste the stuff on cakes. If you have that weak stuff the call extra virgin it is even better for cakes than actually eating it raw.
not in my experience. olive oil would give it a totally different flavor. but if there is as much chocolate in it as it sounds,you probably wouldn't notice
Olive oil has a very distinct flavor and Sunflower oil is very light. You are better off substituting generic vegetable oil, Safflower, or Canola oil. All of these have almost no flavor of their own.
Only if you don't mind the taste and smell of olive oil. The reason they suggest sunflower oil is because it has no taste or smell. A reason for everything........!
sunflower oil i believe is thicker in both texture and taste while olive oil is bland and thinner
Not really hon - Olive oil has a very distinctive flavour and will ruin your cake completely. Best nip to the shop for some sunflower oil instead! xxxxx
I really wouldn't use olive oil, you would be able to taste it and it would spoil the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment