Friday, December 18, 2009

Is it safe to use sunflower seed oil as mouthwash?

I have heard from many people that conventional mouthwash has been linked to oral cancer and is not recommended.





I have read some articles that suggest that rinsing your mouth with vegetable oil (not at any point swallowing the oil) is good to clean out the toxins in your mouth.





I am a little hesitant to believe this. What do you think?Is it safe to use sunflower seed oil as mouthwash?
I suggest you try it to see if you could hack it on a daily basis. It certainly doesn't appeal to me, and I don't think a mouthful of cooking oil will to you either. The ';link'; to cancer from commercial mouthwashes is nonsense. I use ListerineTotal Care, one of the few mouthwashes recognized by the Canadian Dental Association as being effective.Is it safe to use sunflower seed oil as mouthwash?
I wouldn't try it. There is no real need for mouthwash anyway so why rinse with that stuff?
That just sounds odd. I would think vinegar would be a good solution, but not so tasty. It cleans all kinds of things, so why not your mouth! Salt water is also very good. I personally have used hydrogen peroxide, but def. do not swallow that!

No comments:

Post a Comment