Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Is it best to use sunflower oil or olive oil while making leeks?

Hi Nadhya,





I think it is best to use olive oil while making leeks. Olive has lots of proteins and it is very tasty too. U can refer French recipe books or cook books.





For More: http://www.planyourdinner.com/?pgid=reci鈥?/a>Is it best to use sunflower oil or olive oil while making leeks?
If you're sauteing them, use the sunflower. Unless your olive oil is blended with canola, its smoke point (the temperature where it burns and turns nasty) is too low to effectively cook with.Is it best to use sunflower oil or olive oil while making leeks?
I steam my leeks and don't need oil.





I would use olive oil only if I wanted that taste, but any oil will do for frying them. I would only soften leeks in olive oil on otheer occasions if I wanted to use them as part of a soup stock

No comments:

Post a Comment